It’s hard to believe that I could love something so much in so little time, but I do and I am not ashamed to admit it! I have officially become a crazy dog lady and I am 100% A-OK with that! Words cannot express how happy this little ball of fur has made me over the past two weeks, and I am very lucky that Gunner is so sweet and well-behaved. This is my first time caring for a puppy since both of my parents waited until after I moved out to get a dog (convenient, right?) and I have been SO stressed lately about how to properly care for Gunner. I could spend hours in a pet store contemplating which products to buy. It’s only been through research, recommendations, and trial and error that I’ve been able to find a few puppy “necessities” that Gunner really likes…
- For sleepy pups: cuddler bed | crate
- For iPhone lovers: PetFetch | Puppy Coach 101
- For messy accidents: wipes | shampoo | puppy pads | stain & odor remover
- For leaving the house: ID tag | harness & leash | *pet sitter/walker in area
- For bursts of energy: dog toy | rope | balls | mallard
- For good behavior: treats | KONG
- For growing big & strong: food | *vet in area
Obviously this list barely scratches the surface of all the essentials (how could I forget poop bags), but I believe it is a great start for new puppy-mommas like me! I would love, love, love for you to leave a comment about additional resources and/or any tips you may have found to beneficial for raising a healthy, happy puppy!
I know Gunner would sure appreciate it!
Hope you have a fur-tastic weekend! xoxo