I’ll be the first to admit I’m no expert when it comes to cooking. But Tuesday night I decided to take a risk and try my crockpot out for the very first time. I’ve had my eye on this buffalo-ranch chicken recipe for some time because it only requires three ingredients! Simple, delicious, and cheap! Can’t beat it. Oh! And did I mention it is boyfriend approved? 🙂
- 1 package (28 oz) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 package (1 oz) ranch dressing and seasoning mix
- 1 bottle (12 oz) Buffalo wing sauce
- Optional: Buns to make sandwiches
- Toss chicken and seasoning mix to coat evenly.
- Place in slow cooker; top with Buffalo sauce. Cover; cook on Low heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken with two forks. Stir evenly to coat with sauce. Serve warm.
Garlic Parmesan Fries
- 3 Idaho potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Dried parsley flakes
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges. Place the potatoes on a lined sheet tray with aluminum foil. Drizzle some olive oil over the fries and then the garlic. Season with salt and pepper and then the parmesan cheese. Using your hands, toss the potatoes around a bit so that the fries get evenly coated with the seasonings.
- Bake in an oven for 30 minutes or until the potatoes have turned golden brown.
I decided to make sandwiches out of the chicken and serve garlic parmesan fries as a side. However, I have a feeling the buffalo-ranch chicken would pair nicely with rice as well!