Now that it’s December I can’t help but feel festive! And since I haven’t had the chance to decorate a real Christmas tree yet I decided to make some instead. The best part? They’re super yummy and a perfect treat for your next holiday party! I’ve included the recipe below 🙂
P.S. I couldn’t get over how well posed Gunner was for these pictures…It must have been because a sweet treat was involved 😉
Now for the recipe! I just happened to stumble upon these Christmas tree brownies on Forkly the other day and couldn’t resist recreating them for myself.
Ingredients: 1 bag of white chocolate chips, mini pretzel sticks, brownie mix (I made my own, but you could buy pre-made too), and sprinkles! If you are not a big brownie person you could always try cookies, donuts, or cupcakes for the base…the possibilities are endless!
Other Items: Microwave safe bowl, ziploc bag or piping bag, and wax paper. You can also buy green food coloring if you would like your trees to be green instead of white.
- Line the wax paper with rows of mini pretzel sticks
- In the microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring at each interval until melted through. I only melted mine for two, 30 second intervals. If you over heat the chocolate chips the mixture will harden…fast.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the ziploc or piping bag, and snip the corner to create a small hole.
- Quickly begin to drizzle the chocolate over the pretzels in a tree-like pattern and carefully pour the sprinkles before the chocolate sets. I used round sprinkles for the “ornaments” and placed a star at the top of each tree 🙂
- Let the trees cool in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Peel off of the wax paper, stick into desired dessert, and voilà! A yummy holiday treat!
Happy eating! 😉